About Our Reproductive Justice Program
VAYLA’s Reproductive Justice program seeks to improve the health outcomes for youth of color in New Orleans East and ultimately equip them with the confidence to speak for themselves and skills and knowledge to do it effectively in order to influence public policy and discourse
- Improve the health outcomes for youth of color in New Orleans East by:
- increase understanding of where and how to access reproductive healthcare in New Orleans
- decrease the stigma in Village de l’Est around sexuality education, contraception and abortion.
- In order to equip youth to effective change at a systemic level, we aim to
- increase understanding of the role race, gender, and sexuality influence access to healthcare,
- assess and identify the greatest barriers to reproductive justice through a youth-led participatory action research project, and
- strengthen the pipeline of youth of color in the field of reproductive rights, health, and justice
FOR PROGRAM UPDATES:
Please contact our Reproductive Justice Coordinator at email@example.com.